In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry
Detours in Ministry
Few things in life provoke a deep, loud sigh quite like a detour sign on the route to a destination. Just like our travels on paved roads, we constantly encounter detours on the ministry journey. We set out in the direction of God's leading, only to end up confused, aggravated, or impatient when detours appear.
The current theme explores the reality of unexpected detours encountered along the ministry journey. Perhaps you are cautiously maneuvering the unknown turns of a detour, slowing down in response to signs of one ahead, or have stopped at one to decide if you need to turn back; wherever you are, take heart! Just as the Spirit led you into this ministry journey, He is your ever-present Guide, navigating you through the detours.
(Español - Vea algunos de estos artículos en Español.)
Included in this issue:
- "Rising to Surrender: Dilemmas, Disappointments, and Detours When Following God's Plan" by Sheri Ray
- "Are We There Yet?" by Vicki Judd
- "How to Grow in Flexibility" by Juli Nelson and Connie Cross