In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry
The Allure of Perfectionism
On our journey in ministry, many of us fall into the pothole of perfectionism, seeking our self-worth from its alluring deception instead of from the Perfect One. Even ministers not prone to perfectionism can find themselves tempted to hide within its illusion in order to ward off criticism and judgmental glances from others within the church and the ministry.
For this theme, we invite you to set aside time to contemplate the articles, learn from, and laugh with, a few recovering perfectionists as they tell you their stories, and explore some beneficial resources on the topic. We encourage you to share what you find here with other women in ministry on the journey with you.
(Español - Vea algunos de estos artículos en Español.)
Included in this issue:
- "Embracing Our Finitude: A Biblical Foundation for Human Limit" by Stephanie Nance
- "The Weight of Perfectionism for Missionaries" by Beth Davis
- "Perfectionism and Brokenness: Expectations Versus God's Acceptance" by Kristen Harvey