In This Issue...
- A Theology of Humor by Cheryl Taylor
- Ministering With Humor by Stephanie Nance
- Christian Leaders Having Fun? by Pam Morton with Kathy Jingling
- The Health Benefits of Humor and Laughter by Dwenda Gjerdingen, MD, MS
Women in Ministry - Mar-April 2010 Issue
Divine Design: Facilitating Transformation
If you go into any Christian bookstore, you will find multiple shelves of books on discipleship. Each book formulates a plan, a method, and a potential direction for learning the Christian walk. But reliance on a plan does not guarantee spiritual transformation. Continuous and intentional effort to work a plan, applying God's Word to our hearts and minds, is required to transform us to His divine design.
The articles and resources of this issue are provided to help facilitate spiritual transformation in ourselves and in others. For the spiritual transformation we experience is not for ourselves alone; it is to be intently equipped to minister to those around us. Without personal on-going spiritual transformation, we cannot expect to effectively minister to and mentor those in our spheres of influence.
So let's get growing — and help others do the same.
Included in this issue:
- Discipleship — Together Toward Transformation by Stefanie Chappell
- Purposeful Proximity — Jesus' Model of Mentoring by Alicia Britt Chole
- Why Churches Don't Disciple and How Yours Can by Stephen Lim
- Network for Women in Ministry Web Team "Report Cards"
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Seeking God in the Crucible of Ministry
By Ruth Haley Barton
- Beth Grant at Conversations '08. Dr. Beth Grant, executive presbyter, chairperson of the Network for Women in Ministry, and director of Project Rescue, shares about spiritual transformation at the Conversations '08 conference in Phoenix, Arizona, for women in ministry.